No matter how thoroughly you clean your home, some areas are rarely attended to. Dryer vent cleaning is one thing that most homeowners will overlook until the dryer fails. Failure to clean a dryer vent is not only harmful to the unit but can also lead to catastrophic results. That is why you should get dryer vent cleaning service routinely to ensure your dryer vent serves you appropriately.
Signs You Need Dryer Vent Cleaning
The following signs should prompt you to call a dryer vent cleaning service:
- Clothes taking longer to dry – If you note your clothes are taking longer to dry than before, then your unit may be clogged and requires to be cleaned to restore its performance.
- Abnormal noises – When you have your dryer vent making abnormal noises, call dryer cleaning services because it may be clogged, and cleaning is necessary.
- Unusually hot – When a dryer vent is operating, it may become warm, but it should never be too hot to touch. If you notice the unit is becoming abnormally hot, then its time to clean it.
Even though the above signs can tell you your dryer vent needs cleaning, don’t wait until they happen. Other factors determine when you should clean your unit, such as how often you use it, the number of clothes you put in there, and manufacturer recommendation, among others. However, making a schedule with a professional offering dryer vent cleaning service is the best way to guarantee the unit is well-maintained through routine cleaning.
Why Dryer Vent Cleaning Important?
Are you wondering why it is essential to clean your dryer vent? After all, it isn’t making any strange noises or even if it is hot, you don’t have to touch it. Well, some benefits or reasons may compel you to have your dryer vent cleaned as often as possible.
Your dryer vent unit will become clogged from clothing materials and other elements that will affect its performance. That is why after using the unit for a long time without cleaning it, you will not have started to take longer to dry the clothes. Clogging greatly affects the performance of a vent unit; hence, the need to clean it routinely to prevent it from occurring.
Just like any other appliance in your home, a dryer vent will only serve you for long if it is well-maintained. There is no better maintenance you can do on this unit than observing regular cleaning. When you clean the dryer vent routinely, you will identify any minor issues and resolve them before they make the whole unit fail. Routine dryer vent cleaning will save you money that you would have made in regular repairs or replacement.
Avoid Fire Outbreak
You may be wondering how failure to clean your dryer vent can result in a fire outbreak, but this unit can destroy property by fire in a very simple way. When you don’t clean the dryer vent for a long time, lint from the clothes will build up and clog the unit. This will reduce air circulation in the dryer, making to work extra hard to dry your clothes.
When the unit strains to function appropriately due to clogging, it may overheat. Lint is highly flammable and will require the slightest ignition to start burning. Therefore, when you don’t clean the dryer vent for long, you are putting your house at risk of a fire outbreak. The cost you will incur in fire damages is high compared to what you would have paid if you hired a dryer vent cleaning service.
Get rid of allergens
A dryer vent is prone to mold, mildew, and bacteria growth. When you remove clothes from the unit, these allergens are spread in your home, which can be problematic, especially for asthmatic people. When you schedule regular cleaning of your dryer vent, you will not have to worry about these allergens. Professional dryer vent cleaners will get rid of any such elements. Therefore, dryer vent cleaning will not only be beneficial to the unit, but also for your overall health.
Reduce consumption of energy
When a dryer vent is clogged with lint and other elements, it makes the unit strain to meet its performance. This makes it to consume more power as it struggles to keep up its functionality. Furthermore, when the unit isn’t functioning properly, it will take longer to dry clothes. The longer you have to keep it powered, the more power it consumes.
This could explain why you have hiking energy bills despite not having introduced any new electronics and doing activities that will consume more power. To avoid these high energy bills, you should seek dryer vent cleaning services. Your unit will be relieved of any elements affecting its performance, which will make it perform efficiently and reduce energy consumption.
Why Hire Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Service
You can only enjoy the above benefits of dryer vent cleaning if the process is carried out correctly. That is why you need to hire an expert instead of undertaking it by yourself. The benefits of hiring a professional dryer vent cleaning service include:
- Well-equipped – Thorough cleaning of a dryer vent cleaning requires specialized tools. A professional dryer vent cleaner comes equipped with all the necessary tools to ensure the job is undertaken thoroughly.
- Expertise – A dryer vent is a delicate unit that requires to be handled with care. Only a person who has expertise and experience in handling it can guarantee proper cleaning without damaging it. That is why you need to hire a professional in this field instead of doing it yourself.
- Saves time – Undertaking the cleaning process on your own can take a lot of time because you don’t have the right tools, expertise, and experience to do it. However, a professional dryer vent cleaning service has what it takes to handle the task within a short time.
Dryer vent cleaning is a crucial exercise that you should regularly observe to keep your unit operating efficiently, make it last for long, save energy, get rid of allergens, and avoid fire outbreak. However, you can only realize these benefits if the cleaning process is done the right way; hence, the need to hire a professional. Don’t wait until your unit stops functioning or causes a fire, get it cleaned today!